Thursday, April 3, 2008

Workload

I'm now well into my latest writing project, with more on the horizon (either already commissioned or at the pitch stage) and I felt it was time to take stock and see where I was up to.

In March I saw two of my recent projects come to fruition with the publication of 'The Horror of Howling Hill' and 'Leviathan Rising', the latter of which includes the short story 'Vanishing Point'.
















I've recently put the finishing touches to 'Match Wits With the Kids', which is a revision guide for parents who've forgotten what they once learnt at school themselves (and out this June/July).


My current project is the ever so festive 'What is Myrrh Anyway?' (out in October), a book which answers all those questions about Christmas that you were too afraid - or embarrassed to ask.

Next up after that is my next Pax Britannia novel 'Human Nature' (due to be published this December).


On top of that lot I'm hoping to write another novel for a publisher I've worked for in the past (but as nothing is signed as yet, don't want to say anymore than that for the moment), I have two more novel pitches to complete and there's another couple of potential projects which are even less definite than that (at this stage).


So, all in all, I'm pretty busy. Better get back to work!


Until next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan

As author of a Secret History of the World i was naturally drawn to your unnatural history.

My book is esoteric non-iction. Your fiction has esoteric themes - are you really into that stuff?

April 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Hi Jonathan, and thanks for stopping by.

The setting of Pax Britannia has been inspired by all manner of sources from Victoriana and Gothic fiction to Doctor Who and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

The great thing about it is that I can use what I want from the real world, create parallel steampunk versions of others and make up other stuff completely.

So yes, in a nutshell, I am intrigued by such esoteric themes.

April 3, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home