Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gaining momentum

Graham McNeill (Warhammer 40,000 Ultramarines author) has really written about the need to gain momentum when starting a new book. You can read about his recent trials and tribulations at his blog.

I know exactly what Graham means. I am the same; whenever I start a new project it takes a little while for me to really get into it. Once I get the momentum going, I can write at a much quicker pace and build characters and plot more effectively. However, until that happens it can be a struggle at times to crack on with a new chapter.

I'm pleased to say that I've really got the ball rolling now with Human Nature, the next Ulysses Quicksilver adventure (due to be published this December by Abaddon Books) and I am nearing the first milestone, as I approach the end of the first Act of the book (as they have come to be called).

I have been spurred on today by the arrival of Mark Harrison's fantastically grotesque finished cover for the book. I'm not going to reveal the full image just yet, but to keep up on the edge of your seats, here's a teaser snippet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home