Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Books and where to store them

Two and a half years ago my family and I moved into a decent-sized four-bedroom terraced house, with loft conversion, and we couldn't get over how much space we had.

Two and a half years later, due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm having to clear out some of my much cherished library that has been added to, considerably, in that time.

Part of the problem is that having been writing for Games Workshop in one form or another for nearly 14 years, I've collected a fair few novels, background books and game rules, all of which have to be kept somewhere. Until recently they took up most of one bookcase but it's time for that to change.

So it was that I came to spend most of yesterday and today sorting out the books stored in my 'office'. What you see here is just one shelf of one bookcase that contained spare copies of my various publications. There was another, which also included foreign editions.


What you see below are two crates worth of Games Workshop materials that I've sorted out that - much as it pains me to do so - I have to get rid of. However, there's still 2-3 times as much as this again that I'm keeping!


Being a writer and, before that, a reader, I love books, the look of them and the smell of them as much as the actual reading of them. And you never know when something might prove useful, as has been evidenced by the year I've had with such a diverse range of projects on the go. But sometimes life and practical necessities get in the way, so ebay here I come.

That said, I have another idea for how to shift some of the processed trees that I've still got on my hands, for the time being, but for more on that you're going to have to watch this space...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home