Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Myrrh Moo MiniCards

Having been hard at work on a novel for the last six weeks, I'm now taking some time to work at the other side of the writing business, as it were - that of self-promotion. Such is the lot of a freelancer; you have to learn to blow your own trumpet pretty fast if you don't want your latest publication to sink without trace among the other 399 new books published in Britain alone every day! Hence the renewed vigorous blogging and the latest promotional item I've had made up - Moo MiniCards, to help promote What is Myrrh Anyway?

Moo MiniCards are great. They come printed with an image on one side and six lines of text on the other. In my case, that's enough space to entice someone to look at the card with an intriguing question on one side along with the details of my latest book on the other. I'm going to make sure I've got a box of my minicards with me everywhere I go, so that I can hassle coffee shops, bookshops, and perhaps even libraries, to see if they wouldn't mind me leaving a handful around the place, on tables, by the till, wherever.

So, keep an eye out and you might just be able to snap one up for yourself.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger C64 Mat said...

Hi Jon,
If you fancy sending some to me I'll get them strewn around 'Up North' as it were, and send you some photo's of them in the stores that agree. If you're interested drop me an e-mail at mataeus@hotmail.co.uk :)
As Father Ted once overstated, "Good luck with the book!"

October 16, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Thanks, that sounds great! And if you were to do that, then we'd have to do something about you getting you something signed too, if you know what I mean.

October 16, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home