Sunday, October 26, 2008

The 'To Read' Pile

Here's my current 'to read' pile.


In there you've got Tomes of the Dead: Anno Mortis by Rebecca Levene, Bitterwood by James Maxey, Horus Heresy: Fulgrim by Graham McNeill, The Witches and the Grinnygog by Dorothy Edwards, The Death Ship of Dartmouth by Michael Jecks, The Mythago Cycle (books 1 & 2) by Robert Holdstock, The Killing Ground by Graham McNeill, Nation by Terry Pratchett and Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell.

My current distraction is Titanicus by Dan Abnett, a tale of mighty war engines battling over the fate of a forge world in the far-flung future war-consumed universe of Warhammer 40,000.


Any suggestions from the books listed above as to what I should read next?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger RobC said...

Pah, call that a pile? Mine's supporting the roof of my bedroom!

Nation's a quick, but very enjoyable read. Bitterwood is great, too, and the sequel is equally enjoyable so worth adding to the pile.

October 26, 2008 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Hi Rob

Thanks for the recommendations.

To be honest, the pile is taken from what would amount to a couple of bookcases of unread books, but these are the ones I'm actually keen on reading at the moment (or need to for 'work purposes').

Cheers

October 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

I'm looking forward to reading Azincourt as well. I'm a big fan of Cornwell's medieval-based novels: Grail Quest series, Saxon Chronicles, etc. Have you read any of his other stuff?

Steven
http://steventill.com

October 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Hi Steven

I've read the first of the Grail Quest (with the other two sitting on a shelf waiting somewhere) and the Gallow's Thief which had me gripped on a holiday to Kenya. A superb murder mystery.

Have you read that one yourself?

November 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

I have not read Gallow's Thief but am aware of it. I don't know much about it though. What's it about?

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy the rest of the Grail Quest series.

Steven
http://steventill.com

November 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home