Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nostalgia kick

I don't know why, but I've been on a bit of a nostalgia kick lately. Yesterday I sat down and watched the very first two episodes of the seminal Robin of Sherwood. I own every series on DVD now (I wore out the VHS versions long ago) but it's been a while since I watched them - years in fact. But I intend to watch the whole lot again in order over the next few weeks.

As well as the 80s I also love my iPod - I recently bought the theme music to that other 80s classic of television, The One Game. I used to only be able to satisfy my desire to listen to Saylon Dola by leaving the menu page on the DVD running but now I can listen to it wherever and whenever I like. And you can listen to it right here...



And then there's Knightmare. I loved this as a kid, which was hardly surprising seeing as how I was a Fighting Fantasy fan and this was the closest I was ever going to get to living my dream. But thanks to Mark Charn Newton I also came across this the other day - scathing and funny, and just a little bit rude. You were warned.

Spell-casting! Y-O-U-T-U-B-E

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home