Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ghosts of Manhattan

I should start this post by saying that I haven't read George Mann's Ghosts of Manhattan (although I do fully intend to read Al Ewing's Gods of Manhattan). However, this review made interesting reading.

Now to pick up on a few points...

Steampowered cars. Check. Golems. Check. A dank Noir NYC. Check. Twisted people. Check. Strange gadgets. Check...

And then there's this review, which has the following...

Ghosts of Manhattan is an unashamed homage to Batman.

Sorry, which book are we talking about here? Pax Britannia: Evolution Expects (published a full year before Ghosts) features the aforementioned steam-powered cars, a golems, twisted people, strange gadgets and is an unashamed homage to Batman. The only thing it's lacking is the dank Noir NYC setting.

Now, call me paranoid but...

Or perhaps it's simply a case of, great minds think alike... fools rarely differ.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mad Hatter Review said...

Funny you mentioned my review as I'll be reading your Unnatural History shortly.

June 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Well, I hope you enjoy it!

June 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home